Journalism Teacher: Kari Phillips
The Frontier is an online parent newsletter. The sophomore journalism students produce the newsletter from scratch each month. If you have questions or story ideas, forward them to Kari Phillips.
- October 2020 - This month's issue features stories about virtual performing arts concerts, mental health during COVID, and how college visits are working this year.
- December 2020 - This month's issue features stories about Friday Night Live, the Juice's presidential coverage, and changes to midterms.
- February 2021 - This month's issue features stories about the student-directed one act plays, the Black History Month assembly, and Valentine's Day.
- March 2021 -
The Courier is the high school monthly newsmagazine and news website created by the advanced newspaper journalism students.
Senior Ads for Yearbook
Celebrate your child's graduation by purchasing a senior ad in the 2021 yearbook. You can submit a baby photo, senior photo and a heartfelt message that commemorates your senior's time in school. Here is the senior ad order form and size sheet. All senior ads will be purchased online! You will go to yearbookforever.com and then search for the high school to buy them. You can purchase the senior ad, upload the necessary message/photos and purchase your senior's yearbook all in the same transaction. Please note: The ads are honored on a first come, first serve basis determined when both payment and artwork are submitted until space is full. Therefore, reserve your space asap. We anticipate selling a lot of ads this year. This form provides instructions. The deadline for submission is Thursday, March 4. Contact Kari Phillips with questions.
2020-21 Yearbook Sales
Make sure you buy your 2020-21 yearbook to see how "There is MORE to Us" at Orange High School, our theme this year, by the deadline, Thursday, April 8! The price will also go up at the end of January. Go to yearbookforever.com and search for Olentangy Orange High School in the top search bar. You can also refer to this link on the Pioneer Press each Friday, and the link will also appear on twitter. If you have questions about ordering, contact Mrs. Phillips in room 2213. Seniors must select the "yearbook home delivery" and pay the additional $8 shipping to avoid having to come to the school next fall, after graduation, to pick theirs up.
Follow the instructions below to purchase yours online. You should also receive emails every two weeks from Walsworth describing how to purchase one too. Once a yearbook is purchased for your child, your email will be dropped from the email blast.
- Go to the yearbookforever.com
- In the search bar at the top, search for the high school's name, "Olentangy Orange High School". You might have to select the school's name from a drop down menu after that.
- On the next screen, you'll see different products. Click on yearbook only.
- Select "Yearbook home delivery" if you wish to have the yearbook shipped to your home address in the fall of 2021. *Important: Senior parents must select the "Yearbook home delivery" option and pay the extra $8 to have the book shipped home when it comes out in fall 2021. This mandatory add-on ensures your child will receive the book without picking it up at the high school.
- Enter student information including grade and a working email address.
- Add shipping details if you selected to have it shipped home. Then, check out.
If you have questions, please contact adviser Kari Phillips at the high school.
Broadcast News Teacher: Brian Nicola
Broadcast journalism students produce daily news viewed by the students each day at the start of 2nd period. Here is the link to the OOHS Juice Student News on Youtube.