The January/February issue of the Frontier is here. This month's issue features stories about the Black History Month assembly, the district levy, and scheduling for next year. The Web Journalism students build the newsletter from scratch each month. If you have any questions, forward them to Kari Phillips.
The Courier is the high school monthly newsmagazine and news website created by the advanced newspaper journalism students.
Yearbook - Senior Ads
Senior parents - Celebrate your child's graduation by purchasing a senior ad in the 2020 yearbook. Please submit a baby photo, senior photo and a heartfelt message that commemorate your senior's time in school. The senior ad order form and size sheet are available on the school's website and were passed out during homebase. All senior ads will be purchased online. You will go to yearbookforever.com and then search for the high school to buy them. You can purchase the senior ad, upload the necessary message/photos and purchase your senior's yearbook all in the same transaction. This form provides instructions. We will honor ads on a first come, first serve basis until space is filled.
The deadline for submission is Wednesday, March 4. Contact Kari Phillips with questions.
You can now purchase your 2020 yearbook to see how students are "Proud of our Passion" by the deadline, Friday, April 3! Go to yearbookforever.com and search for Olentangy Orange High School in the top search bar. If you have questions about ordering, contact Mrs. Phillips in room 2213. Seniors must select the "yearbook home delivery" to avoid having to come to the school next fall, after graduation, to pick theirs up. Make sure you buy yours before Jan. 24 when the price goes up. The price will increase on March 27 as well.
Follow the detailed instructions below to purchase yours online. You should also receive emails every two weeks from Walsworth describing how to purchase one too. Once a yearbook is purchased for your child, your email will be dropped from the email blast.
- Go to the yearbookforever.com
- In the search bar at the top, search for the high school's name, "Olentangy Orange High School". You might have to select the school's name from a drop down menu after that.
- On the next screen, you'll see different products. Click on yearbook only.
- Select "Yearbook home delivery" if you wish to have the yearbook shipped to your home address in the fall of 2020. *Important: Senior parents must select the "Yearbook home delivery" option and pay the extra $8 to have the book shipped home when it comes out in fall 2020. This mandatory add-on ensures your child will receive the book without picking it up at the high school.
- Enter student information including grade and a working email address.
- Add shipping details if you selected to have it shipped home. Then, check out.
Seniors - Did you not get your free yearbook portrait taken during the summer or September dates when HR Imaging was at the school? Well, your last opportunity to have your senior portrait in the yearbook is approaching quickly. Root Studios will be here on Friday, Jan. 10 to take any remaining senior portraits during lunches that day. That is your absolute last chance to have your portrait featured in the yearbook! You cannot select the pose for this photo if it's taken on the January date, and if you're sitting on this date for a retake, then the retake supersedes any other photo you've taken. If you attend DACC or OASIS, then this is your opportunity to be in your home school's yearbook. You will not be pictured in the book if you do not sit for this photo. The required dress is: a collared dress shirt for boys and girls should wear dress clothes with sleeves at least elbow length and avoid any low necklines. If you have questions, see Mrs. Phillips in room 2213.
Broadcast News Teacher: Brian Nicola
Broadcast journalism students produce daily news viewed by the students each day at the start of 2nd period. Here is the link to the OOHS Juice Student News on Youtube.